Thursday, January 12, 2012

Moroccan Vegetable Tagine with couscous





I have had these tagine pots pushed to the back of my cupboard for a year! When I was making a meal plan for the week, I found a website that featured a tasty looking tagine recipe.So today was the day!

I was thinking that the process would be a lot of work, which explains the year that the pots sat collecting dust. I was surprised to find that making this dish only requires chopping of the vegetables and letting the cute little pots and oven do the rest.

Note: Simmering vegetables with spices in the oven makes the house smell good!



Moroccan Vegetable Tagine

3-4 small potatoes-peeled and diced
1 onion-sliced
2 tbsp fresh ginger-minced
2 cloves garlic-slice
1 cinnamon stick-broken in half
1/3 cup raisins
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups chickpeas
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 cup vegetable stock

Couscous-cooked according to package
fresh cilantro- garnish

Preheat oven to 350
In a bowl combine ingredients, stir it up to coat the vegetables with the spices.
Scoop into tagine and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with couscous.



3 comments:

  1. I love making tagine! It is so simple and smells so great. I don't have an actual pot though; I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This look awesome. I've never made tagine before, but any excuse to get another kitchen item is fine by me! And I love the spices. I bet the house smells delicious while this is cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think it would be SO simple! :)
    Nikki..I don't think you need an actual tagine pot. This could be made in a oven safe pot with a lid.

    ReplyDelete